Shape Hyperlinks to Slides not working in PDFs
This is using LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 on Windows 10 Home.
Within Impress, and in View Slideshow mode, all hyperlinks work fine:
1. Attached to a shape, text in a textbox or the textbox itself.
2. The destination being either a web address or another slide within the same Impress file.
I created all the hyperlinks by selecting the "anchor" (correct term?) and using Ctrl+K.
When exported to PDF, within Adobe Reader only some of the hyperlinks work:
1. Anything pointing to a website address
2. Hyperlinks attached to text inside a textbox, pointing to another slide within the same Impress file.
Hyperlinks attached to a shape or a textbox, that point to another slide within the same Impress file, do not work. Adobe Reader brings up an error message: “This document is trying to connect to: file:///C|Users/xxxxx/Documents/Impress%20to%20PDF%20Planner%20Test%20Runs/%23page2 If you trust this site, choose Allow. If you do not trust this site, choose Block.” (the xxxxx is my user profile name which I've blanked out)
Clicking Allow does nothing; the message disappears, but nothing else happens. The same warning comes up when a hyperlink to a web address is clicked, but Allow opens the website as expected (and doesn’t ask again if the Remember Action option is checked).
I would think its an issue with linking to slides within the same Impress file, since all website hyperlinks work, but the text hyperlink to another slide works fine.
I’ve attached an Impress file containing one of each hyperlink type, the PDF exported from it and the PDF export settings used.
1. Shape hyperlinked to Google
2. Text (inside a textbox) hyperlinked to Google
3. Textbox hyperlinked to Google (which I believe is treated as a shape, not text)
4. Shape hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file
5. Text (inside a textbox) hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file
6. Textbox hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file (which I believe is treated as a shape, not text)
I will post screenshots of the settings for each hyperlink in the next post.
There is a post regarding the same issue at the end of this topic, but no solution that I can find.
Could anyone see if they get the same issue with the PDF? Or is it a known problem or something I’m doing wrong?