Keep getting restore windows

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Semanon

Keep getting restore windows

Post by Semanon »

I keep getting dialogue box saying:

RESTORE WINDOWS

The application "Open Office.org" unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to restore its windows again?
DON'T RESTORE WINDOWS RESTORE WINDOWS

No matter which option I choose....nothing happens. I can't quit Open Office. I even sent the application to trash and reinstalled it, and I get the same dialogue box.

Can any one help?
MacBook Pro
Hagar Delest

Re: Keep getting restore windows

Post by Hagar Delest »

There are many reports here about that indeed. Open the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and kill the soffice.bin processes you see.
You may have to go through several crashes before it stops doing that.

Have you upgraded to AOO 3.4.1? This is the latest version (your signature says OOo 3.3.0). You may have to reset your OpenOffice user profile. And deactivate the online update (in Tools>Options>OOo>Online update).

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Semanon

Post by Semanon »

I am using Open Office on my MacBook Pro...not on a Windows machine. So I do I fix it?
MacBook Pro
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Then better say it in your post if it's not your usual machine (or change your forum signature).

Search the Mac forum where I've moved your topic, this is a very frequent question.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10