[Solved] Insert a slider in the spreadsheet?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
m_a_ximm

[Solved] Insert a slider in the spreadsheet?

Post by m_a_ximm »

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to insert a slider (something that looks like a scrollbar) inside an openoffice calc spreadsheet like in Excel.
The idea is that you can then bind this slider to a cell so that the value in that cell is modified by using the slider.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Ubuntu 10.04 : openoffice 3.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Insert a slider in the spreadsheet?

Post by Zizi64 »

This is were you thinking?

See:
Attachments
Slider.ods
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 4081 times
Slider.odg
(88.32 KiB) Downloaded 1501 times
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
m_a_ximm

Post by m_a_ximm »

Yes, that's it. It was in the "form controls" tool bar. Thanks for your help.
Ubuntu 10.04 : openoffice 3.2
SNAKY

Re: [Solved] Insert a slider in the spreadsheet?

Post by SNAKY »

Hi, thank you very much for this slider demo.
I have a question about this slider: if I copy the slider to another row, it keeps it connection to the value in cell A1, resulting in two sliders changing the value for that cell - obviously if I copy the row I would like to have the slider control the vale of the copied cell. how can I copy the whole row, with slider, and get the slider connected to the cell in the copied row? This would be the "usual" behaviour for copied cells, unfortunately the slider does not behave like this. If I need 50 sliders I would not likt to change the connected cells manually...

Another question would be: how to change the background color of the row according to the slider settings? Thanks!
Openoffice 3.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I think you must set the assigned cells manually.

Another question would be: how to change the background color of the row according to the slider settings? Thanks!
See:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 20&t=28008

With a basic routine maybe get the position of slider, and maybe set the cells backgroud color depending the numeric value of the position.
You must be assign the macro to an event of slider.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
SNAKY

Post by SNAKY »

Thanks! I also did not find a way to get the assignement slider <-> cell copied in a relative way... well, I would like to make a feature request then, what is the right way now to do this? Ask my oracle support guy ? :)

And thank yuo very much for the link - I also did find good inspiration in this thread:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =9&t=27136

Have a nice day!
Openoffice 3.2
ELM

Post by ELM »

Zizi64 wrote:This is were you thinking?

See:
Hi, thank you very much for the slider example. I would like to use this in an interactive graph. But I cannot see how it is created so I can tailor it to my need. I would be grateful if you could explain the procedure for creating it. Many thanks in advance.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.9.5
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

1. Set visible the "Formcontrol" toolbar: View - Toolbars - ...
2. Switch to "Edit mode" on the toolbar.
3. Select the slider from the toolbar.
4. Drag a place for the slider on the graphic layer of the Calc. (The slider will be placed onto the graphic layer of the worksheet, but not INTO a cell.)
5. Right click on the slider:
Control -
- Data tab: Linked cell - ... type in the name of the linked cell. (for actual value of the slider)
- General tab: set the minimum, maximum, step values, and/or the other parameters.
6. Switch OFF edit mode to use the slider.
ELM

Post by ELM »

Thank you very much Kovacs, that was very helpful. I am amazed how powerful AOO Calc is. Probably as good if not better than Excel. And the caring members of the forum make it a pleasure to learn how to use it.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.9.5