Convert PDF to PPT?

Discuss the presentation application
namiamy

Convert PDF to PPT?

Post by namiamy »

Ok, I am not sure whether to post the question here but I have some Adobe PDF files and wanna convert them to PPT slides for presentations and editing. I have just tried copy and paste using Acrobat reader, but it is helpless when I want to preserve all the elements, especially the graphics and layouts. If possible, plz do me a favor.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
PDF software
Hagar Delest

Re: Convert PDF to PPT?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is an extension for that: Sun PDF Import Extension. But PDF is not intended to be edited so prepare for some rework. It should import in Draw IIRC, you'll need to recreate the presentation yourself.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
hol.sten
Volunteer

Re: convert PDF to PPT?

Post by hol.sten »

This question has been asked here some time ago: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... raw+import and http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... raw+import

And here is a thread discussion the pdf import extension for OOo Draw: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... raw+import
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Also note that some pdf files can be generated to prevent copying of content.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Also, you may not need to convert anything in order to use the PDF files for a slide show: most PDF viewer/reader software has a full-screen mode that is fine for making a presentation.

Of course, if you need to edit the material (change page size to fit a projector/screen), this won't work so well.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
DavidSmith

Post by DavidSmith »

This is my first time visiting the thread and as I have come across the problems like you, so I may give you some advice. I agree that some PDF files are generated from Office file, most frequently word and PPT. If you want to recover or convert it back, an approach way is to use the specific application. As you want to recover your PPT slides for editing, you can use PDF to Powerpoint Converter or Adobe Acrobat. Actually PDF to Word also can help you as you can transfer the contents from word to Powerpoint easily. You can refer Zamzar.com :)
Get the resource:
www.zamzar.com
www.anypdftools.com/pdf-to-powerpoint.html#201
Last edited by acknak on Mon May 10, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disable live external links
Open office 3.1 Mac OS 10.5
sunderland2011

Post by sunderland2011 »

I recommend you a free PDF to PPT Converter: http://www.softatoz.com/pdf/boxoft-free-pdf-to-ppt-(freeware), it can convert Adobe PDF files to well-formatted PowerPoint . And the original text, layouts, images, tables and hyperlinks can be exactly retained in the generated PowerPoint documents.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: live link disabled.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
David003
Banned

Post by David003 »

PDF в PPT (www.pdftoppt.ru) PDF to PowerPoint Converter lets you convert PDF to PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPTM, PPSX, PPSM, POT, etc.), fully supports MS 2010, 2007, 2003.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Thomas P

Post by Thomas P »

If you want to do the conversion and keep everything perfectly as they are, then I would like to recommend ClassicPDF editor to you (www.classicpdf.com/pdf-converter.html), its one of the best PDF software available for you, so must try your conversion on it to keep all the elements of a file completely intact.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Andie608

Post by Andie608 »

Hey , I am a converter funs as I love watch movies , so I know a lot of converter , like your problem I met last month , I find out a wonderful tool . it is powerful function . you can try this PDF Converter for Mac (www.pdfconvertermac.org). I think it can do you some help , I promise .
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cmiller

Post by Cmiller »

acknak wrote:Also, you may not need to convert anything in order to use the PDF files for a slide show: most PDF viewer/reader software has a full-screen mode that is fine for making a presentation.

Of course, if you need to edit the material (change page size to fit a projector/screen), this won't work so well.
Unfortunately, this suggestion isn't free, but if you buy Adobe Acrobat X Pro, you can easily edit your own PDF files. And just like acknak stated, Adobe Reader in fullscreen will allow you to do a presentation. You just won't have all the cool graphics and stuff. Hopefully this helps you. That is, if you feel up to purchasing Adobe's software.

Cmiller
OxygenOffice.org version 3.3 on a Windows 7 x64 based systems.
Microsoft 2010 Home & Student
LibreOffice 3.6.2

Have a great day! :)