[Solved] Rename custom macro library or macro within

Discuss the word processor
AntonSamokat

[Solved] Rename custom macro library or macro within

Post by AntonSamokat »

Here (Save /back up Basic Libraries with macro, rename Libraries) seems to be script that probably able to rename custom library with macro, but is it possible to do this manually?

Tools -> Macros -> Organize Macros -> OpenOffice Basic -> Organizer (Button) -> Libraries (tab) -> Selecting custom library -> Pressing button Edit

will open editor with macros of the library. Macro module can be renamed by the renaming tab name at the bottom of the macro editor by mouse right click. Do not see anything here in the macro editor and on "OpenOffice Basic Macro Organizer" window to rename the library. What I missed?

This instruction (Renaming Modules and Libraries) does not help.
1. Find the library or module in the appropriate tab of the Macro Organizer
2. Select the library or module.
3. Wait a moment and click on the library or module. The cursor should appear to edit the library or module name. I have found this to be a bit sensitive, and sometimes I must purposely single-click a few times. Do not accidentally double-click, because this opens the library or module contents for editing.
For my version of the office it is not possible to rename the library in the described above way.

Edit: Changed subject, was How to rename custom library with macro? (also: How to rename custom macro?) 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Edited topic's subject
Open Office 4.1.13 on Ubuntu 20.04
AntonSamokat

Re: [OpenOffice Writer] How to rename custom library with macro?

Post by AntonSamokat »

I've found solution.

Tools -> Macros -> Organize Macros -> OpenOffice Basic -> Organizer (Button) -> Libraries (tab) -> Library (Section)

Press one time by left button of the mouse by selected library text name in the left side, not by selected empty space at the right side. Field will appear editable.

Incredible usability! )
AntonSamokat

Re: [Solved] How to rename custom library with macro? (also: How to rename custom macro?)

Post by AntonSamokat »

Custom macro can be renamed also in the similar way as library:

Tools -> Macros -> Organize Macros -> OpenOffice Basic -> Organizer (Button) -> Modules (tab)
Select module to rename and single click with left button of the mouse.

Be sure to close macro editor (if it is opened) before performing this operation, otherwise Open Office will be closed unexpectedly with error and will lose the whole this macro content (at least on version 4.1.13 for Linux).

Also macro module can be renamed by the renaming corresponding tab inside the macro editor by single right click of the mouse by the tab name which is located on the bottom of the editor.