[Solved] Taskbar Pinning Feature in OpenOffice 4.1.15

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
ryan1969

[Solved] Taskbar Pinning Feature in OpenOffice 4.1.15

Post by ryan1969 »

Hello, Everyone

I’ve been managing numerous files for household and NDIS purposes and have recently upgraded to OpenOffice 4.1.15. To my surprise, the previously available and incredibly useful feature of pinning documents and spreadsheets to the taskbar icon seems to be missing. This change feels like a significant regression in functionality, reminiscent of computing from two decades ago when such conveniences were not available.

The latest installation also unexpectedly removed the taskbar icon that contained all my linked files. This issue did not occur with the previous upgrades, where the only limitation was the inability to add new links. The ability to pin files directly to the taskbar is a modern necessity for efficient computer use, and its absence is keenly felt.

I have always been satisfied with OpenOffice’s performance and features, and I hope this is an oversight that will be addressed promptly. A patch or fix in the upcoming update would be greatly appreciated, as the pinned items feature is not just a personal preference but a significant aspect of user experience for many.

Please help me.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged Solved.
Best Regard,
ryan1969ADPVantage
FJCC

Re: Request for Taskbar Pinning Feature in OpenOffice 4.1.15

Post by FJCC »

I'm not understanding your problem, though I have never before pinned individual documents to the taskbar. If I drag a Calc file from my desktop to the taskbar, I see a message that says "Pin to OpenOffice Calc". When I release the file icon, there is a Calc icon on the taskbar and right clicking on that brings up a context menu with a Pinned section listing the file. If I drag another Calc file to the taskbar, it gets added to that Pinned list. Is that different than the behavior in previous versions?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I don't use Windows, but I find that within OpenOffice /File /Recent Documents gives speedy access to the most recent documents edited. The number of documents remembered can be extended by HistoryMaster or a similar extension.

Another approach for something like a Journal, which one accesses daily, is to Save it to the Desktop. That icon then allows speedy access to that particular file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Works fine with all the LibreOffice portable versions I have used.
Not sure it is a genuine post, according to the IP and the signature...
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
ryan1969

Post by ryan1969 »

Hello, All dear Moderator sorry for the late reply but my friend can solve my problem. Now my work going smoothly thanks to all for your reply I am apology I can't write my query.
Best Regard,
ryan1969ADPVantage