[Solved] Delete multiple envelopes

Discuss the word processor
David12846

[Solved] Delete multiple envelopes

Post by David12846 »

I have a document that was set up as an envelope file. Format was width 9.50" and Height 4.13". The file originally had 57 envelopes (pages) with addresses typed onto each envelope (not imported from a spreadsheet). I later deleted many of the addresses ("envelope" pages 29-57). The file now consists of 28 addressed envelopes and 29 blank envelopes.

I can not figure out how to delete the blank envelope pages (pages 29-57).
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OOo 4.1.9 on Ms Windows 7
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: Deleting multiple envelopes

Post by erbsenzahl »

David12846 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:03 amThe file now consists of 28 addressed envelopes and 29 blank envelopes.
This is probably a problem of the page styles and the view. Presumably each "area" of a page style consists of an empty (blank) and a "filled" page. That means that your entire document is arranged as "double sided printable". The easiest mode to "solve" your problem is to Suppress output of empty pages in the printing dialogue. If you would like this for each (Writer) document so uncheck menu Tools | Options | LibreOffice Writer | Print | [ ] Print automatically inserted blank pages

For more advice upload a sample file, please.

Cheers
LibreOffice current versions 7.x & 24.x and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro