[Dropped] Images won't export to PDF in OpenOffice Writer

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Mister S

[Dropped] Images won't export to PDF in OpenOffice Writer

Post by Mister S »

Dear all,

I have been using Open office for years, and now suddenly my images in my invoices won't export to pdf anymore. I have searched and tried everything this forum had to offer to no avail...
I did just upgrade my OS and Open office's menu has changed aswell it seems.
I used to File - Print - Save as PDF, which worked as a charm. But that's not available anymore unfortunately.

Does anyone have a clue why my logo disappears? thanks so much for your answers!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response from Mister S -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
open office 4.1.13 on Mac OS 12.6
MrProgrammer

Re: images won't export to pdf anymore in open office writer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Mister S wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:19 pm I used to File - Print - Save as PDF, which worked as a charm. But that's not available anymore unfortunately.
Do you mean this menu in the dialog which appears when you print? If so that is a MacOS menu, not an OpenOffice menu, and you should consult Apple's documentation to determine how to save printing in the PDF format after your upgrade.
MacOS 13 (Ventura): Print documents from your Mac
202212241305.jpg
202212241305.jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 2956 times

Mister S wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:19 pm Does anyone have a clue why my logo disappears? thanks so much for your answers!
Q36: PDF creation does not work the way I want. What alternative do I have?

Mister S wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:19 pm I did just upgrade my OS and Open office's menu has changed aswell it seems
It's less likely anyone can help when you do not reveal what in the menu has changed. It's less likely anyone can help when you do not reveal what the new OS is. Your forum signature says you run MacOS 12.6. Is that wrong? If you upgraded to MacOS 13 first update your forum signature then try a forum search for Ventura. I use MacOS 10.14.6 and have no experience with MacOS 13.
Q22: How do I tell what version of MacOS I have?

It's less likely anyone can help when you do not provide your document. If you need any additional assistance after reviewing Q36 attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). I will not help further unless you attach.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).