Where is the help portion of the app (AndrOpen)

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
jgt1942

Where is the help portion of the app (AndrOpen)

Post by jgt1942 »

I just installed AndrOpen 4.4.3 on my Android Samsung Note8 and started to create a text document.
I then attempted to change the file name in the properties. It appears as "untitled", I selected the existing name, typed desired name, and clicked the OK button. The properties window closed and I reopened it. The filename was still "untitled".
I then clicked the help button only to be informed that the help hadn't been installed. No additional information was available. The obvious question is why not, followed by how do I install it. So far I have not found the answers.
JGT OpenOffice 4.4.3 on Android
RusselB

Re: Where is the help portion of the app

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
AndrOpen is not an official port of Apache OpenOffice and we give limited support for it.
Your best bet is to contact the actual author for proper support.
That said, generally speaking, a new document will show as Untitled until the document has been saved with a different name.
Try saving the document with the name you attempted to use by editing the file properties. I suspect that will resolve this specific problem.
As to the location of the Help file, I'm not surprised that an Android version doesn't have much, if any, help included in order to keep the file size as small as possible.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jgt1942

Re: Where is the help portion of the app

Post by jgt1942 »

Thanks for the fb.
On my PC I use MS Office and wanted something like it on my phone. I picked AndrOpen because it was free and I understood it to be like MS Office. I will seldom use it on my phone because it is too difficult. I'll look another solution.
JGT OpenOffice 4.4.3 on Android
RusselB

Re: Where is the help portion of the app (AndrOpen)

Post by RusselB »

If you want a replacement for MS Office, then OpenOffice/LibreOffice are, imo, both good options.
You're probably going to have a hard time finding an Office suite that will work well on your phone, mainly because of the size of the screen.
If you have to use something that's portable, I do use AndrOpen on my tablet, which has a 10" screen, as it's big enough for me to work with, but there are still problems, and prefer to actually do the work when I'm at a proper computer (desktop/laptop) where a proper installation can be used.
LibreOffice does have a Viewer for Android... don't know if that will suffice for your needs or not. If it will, or if you want to give it a better look, you can find it at https://www.libreoffice.org/download/android-viewer/
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.