Compatibility with Chromebook

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
calargi

Compatibility with Chromebook

Post by calargi »

I've been using Open Office on my Windows 10 desk top for years. Now I have a Chrome Book. Is O O compatible with the new Chrome Book?
I've been using Open Office 4.1 on my Windows 10 desk top for years. Now I have a Chrome Book. Is O O compatible with the new Chrome Book?
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Compatibility with chrome book

Post by Bill »

Try a Google search for "openoffice on chromebook".
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
calargi

Post by calargi »

Thanks - I did, but the instructions were for older CPU. mine is Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3350 @ 1.10GHz (2 threads, 1.10GHz)
I've been using Open Office 4.1 on my Windows 10 desk top for years. Now I have a Chrome Book. Is O O compatible with the new Chrome Book?
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

It is not a question of the age of the CPU, but of the type. If you have compatibility with Intel-x86 all should be fine, if you have a ARM-type CPU there is currently no native option to run LO.

As Celeron is a brand for simpler Intel chips for PC you should be able to run LibreOffice native.

Please note: As I remember there is some kind of debian-compatible sub-system with linux, wich runss this "installed" software, and you have to check where your data is actually stored.

J.

PS: I know, my signature is outdated, but yours shows your first question. You should change this in your profile.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista