OpenOffice App Isn't Working after Android 8.0 Update

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
kelsien

OpenOffice App Isn't Working after Android 8.0 Update

Post by kelsien »

I've been using the AndrOpen Office app on my Note 8 for a while now. It was working just fine when my phone was running Android 7.0 but today that I updated to latest Android Oreo whenever now I am trying to open the app it is only loading a white blank screen on it's startup and simply closes itself after few secs. Can anyone please help me fix it??
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 my lowes life
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice App Isn't Working after Android 8.0 Update

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums
Your situation is similar to one that almost always comes up when an OS has an update and you're still running older software.
We have no say or control regarding the releases of any of the software that is referenced on this forum, and, technically, AndrOpenOffice is an unofficial porting of Apache OpenOffice.
You might have better luck using the contact information associated with the download page to contact the author.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: OpenOffice App Isn't Working after Android 8.0 Update

Post by Villeroy »

I know next to nothing about Android, but I would expect that Android 8 should be able to run Android 7 applications. There must be some compatibility mode or something.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice