Auto scrolling on touchscreen

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
DenDen

Auto scrolling on touchscreen

Post by DenDen »

I have OO 3.1 on Windows 8.1 using the Nextbook 10.1 Tablet. When I use any OO program it won't scroll the page using the touchscreen. When i use my finger and try to scroll the document it just highlights the text but doesn't scroll the page.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 8.1 in Nextbook 10.1
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Auto scrolling on touchscreen

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that no-one has replied but I doubt many people use AOO on a tablet yet, so won't have experience of it.

That being said, I doubt it is a problem with Writer - scrolling is something which is detected by the tablet and its Operating System, not the application. It may be the tablet is very sensitive as to whether your finger is stationary, in which case it selects; or is moving, in which case it scrolls. Try to have your finger moving before you touch the tablet screen. Or apply the scroll motion in the page margins, not the text area.

Download another application or check in a web browser - do they scroll correctly?

AOO 3.x is obsolete - we are now on AOO 4.1.

If this solves the problem, please click the Edit button on your original post and edit the Title to [Solved].
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
HoneyTrek

Post by HoneyTrek »

This is also happening to me, happens in no other program on my PC, and seems tied to an Open Office setting somewhere. Also happens in Open Office Math as well as Writer.

Thanks for any support,
Mike
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
markr307

Post by markr307 »

I also experience the same problem on MS Surface Book 2. On all other applications it scrolls properly on the swipe motion, but in Open Office it selects content (for example it selects text in the OO Writer).

If there have been any developments on this issue please let me know!

thanks so much.

Mark R.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on MS Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft Surface Book 2