OpenOffice.org 2.4 Not Opening

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
AnalogJ

OpenOffice.org 2.4 Not Opening

Post by AnalogJ »

I am brand new to this forum, so thanks in advance.

I have Windows XP on a 3 month old computer. The version of XP does not indicate 64bits so I assume that it's 32 bits, and that is the version of OO I downloaded.

When I try to open it up, I get the Open Office 2.4 logo for a second and then it disappears. That happened the first couple of times I tried to open it. Subsequently, when I try to open it, I get the hourglass for a couple of seconds and then everything reverts to stable and no program opens up. The program is listed in the Program list and there is even an icon in the Start menu. However checking the Task Manager, Open Office is not listed as operating.

I am hoping to use this program to open up Word files I have created on my Palm PDA. The Documents To Go program normally translates the Word documents into Word onto the computer.

Jeff
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Open Office 2.4 Not Opening

Post by AndrewZ »

Try the steps in "Troubleshooting: OpenOffice.org won't start'. Let me know which, if any, fixes your problem.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
Zevach

Post by Zevach »

I had the same problem, apparently solved it by uninstalling the firewall (Webroot Desktop Firewall).
In http://katana.oooninja.com/w/openoffice ... office.org it says "Temporarily disable any firewall.". This does not work. The only way to really disable a firewall is to uninstall it and reboot.
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

Zevach: Thank you. I assimilated your knowledge into the collective---I mean wiki. :)
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP