Drop down list and look-up query

Discuss the database features
winston879

Drop down list and look-up query

Post by winston879 »

I am having a challenge with migrating to Base (Ooo version 2.0) from Access and programming a drop down list. Hope someone can offer insight.

I have a form for the input of bibliographical citations. Each of the citations is entered bilingually French and English. Each of the citations is arranged under headings/sections that I want selected from a drop down list. I have a table as the source for the drop down list. A row from the table looks like this:

Code: Select all Expand viewCollapse view
id | categ_en | categ_fr
1 | Book Chapters | Chapitres du livre

[Sorry if this is was garbled. By the way I read the FAQ, BBCode table feature does not offer multiple columns.]

Coding objectives:

1. By making a choice in English, the same choice for the French category is displayed in the French field as well
2. By making a choice, the relevant section is stored in the table of citations under the same field names - categ_en or categ_fr
3. As well, by making a choice, the ID is stored in a field (called cat_id) of the citation table.

I tried doing this with the wizard but can not get it work properly. As I mentioned, this is a migration from Access and already have data in the citations table. The appropriate category is displayed in the English field but not the French field. The field for the ID in the citation table is empty for new records that are added.

If anyone can point me in thr right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
OpenOffice 2.4 ???? Ubuntu 9.04
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Drop down list and look-up query

Post by RPG »

LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Drop down list and look-up query

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice