[Solved] Transfer data from Base over to Calc

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
jm362010

[Solved] Transfer data from Base over to Calc

Post by jm362010 »

I recently started working witha new CPA for my small bus. Suprisingly , he doesnt even knowhow to use base/access, so he needs me to send him some info on an .xls spreadsheet, Oh, yeah he uses Ms-Office. I know that s not a problem with calc but can i transfer data from Base over to Calc, right into a new spreadsheet ? Im not sure if thats even possible . I can work on Base as far as its basic functionality goes, however im far from bein an advanced user.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by jm362010 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
open office 2.4 on windows xp
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Is this even possible?

Post by r4zoli »

Register your database if not registered, create new spreadsheet, hit F4, select records from your table or query, drag and drop into sheet,then your data in your spreadsheet, task done.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Is this even possible?

Post by Villeroy »

The registration is required when you want permanent links which update with the modified database data. In the xls format the link will be lost anyway and you end up with a data copy.
You can copy tables and queries from a non-registered database. Select the icon of the table/query and drag it into Calc. From the grid view of a loaded table/query you can drag the upper-left, grey corner (all rows) or a selection of rows.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jm362010

Re: Transfer data from Base over to Calc

Post by jm362010 »

THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU VERY MUCH , I GOT IT NOW. YOUR FEEDBACK WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, THANKS AGAIN!
open office 2.4 on windows xp