[Solved] No longer a Tools>Options submenu

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
snokeja

[Solved] No longer a Tools>Options submenu

Post by snokeja »

In previous versions of both OO and Neooffice, there was a "option" in the "tools" pull-down menu. It is not there is the current versions. I want to do a "save as" to HTML with charset="ISO-8891" rather then UT-8. Although it is not there, when I look for "HTML Compatibility" in the help search option, I get the old suggestion to choose Tools - options - Load/Save - HTML Compatibility.

I had trouble finding this the first time I used it because that path is not very intuitive. I should have thought this would be under preferences.

Is there another way to achieve this result? Perhaps a Java script? I would also find it useful to change other default options in the save as to html.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
openoffice 3.1.1 on Mac OS 10.5 and OS 10.6
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: bug? No longer a tools > options submenu

Post by Villeroy »

From this forum I learned that the Mac collects all program settings in a separate place and OOo's Mac version complies to this.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kabing
Volunteer

Post by kabing »

In NeoOffice 3.0.1EA, this is available either under Tools>Options...>Load/Save>HTML Compatitibility OR NeoOffice>Preferences>Load/Save>HTML Compatitibility

To the best of my knowledge this is true in previous versions of NeoOffice.

It's the same dialog, just accessed under two different menus. Under Tools>Options... because that's where it is in the OOo setup for other Operating Systems and Under NeoOffice>Preferences because that's where Mac users expect such things to be.

If I remember correctly, it's been explained that OpenOffice.org for Mac also locates the preferences or options under the OpenOffice.org>Preferences menu, but perhaps not under Tools>Options.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In Ooo 3.1.1 under Win2K it is in Tools / Optionns / Load and Save / HTML compatibility, presumably because one might want it as a "sticky" setting and not need to change it for every save.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

kabing wrote:If I remember correctly, it's been explained that OpenOffice.org for Mac also locates the preferences or options under the OpenOffice.org>Preferences menu, but perhaps not under Tools>Options.
OO.o used to have the preferences setting also listed under Tools>Options but it has been eliminated in recent versions since it is redundant.

The standard location for the user's settings on Macs is Preferences under the Program Name on the menu bar. Seasoned Mac users automatically look there to fine their preference settings.

The help files do not always give the proper location, or keyboard commands on the Mac versions. They are still in need of further updating. More volunteers to help in the process would probably be useful.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
snokeja

Re: No longer a Tools>Options submenu

Post by snokeja »

Thank you for the tip. It is indeed under OO > Preferences > Load/Save ...

I thought I had looked there, but I did not see it before.

I had been using NeoOffice because it was more "user friendly" than OO. But on one machine I have upgraded to OS 10.6, and the current version of NeoOffice does not work there and I could not figure out how to download the new version. OO is much easier to use now (I can even do an "mdash" with a option -). I don't know any advantages of NeoOffice now.
openoffice 3.1.1 on Mac OS 10.5 and OS 10.6
kabing
Volunteer

Re: No longer a Tools>Options submenu

Post by kabing »

The Snow-Leopard compatible version of NeoOffice is 3.0.1 Early Access, which currently requires a donation of at least $25 (since September 15, 2008). It will be available for free starting October 27, 2009.

But if OpenOffice.org is working for you, that's great. There may be no reason for you to switch back to NeoOffice.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)