[Solved] Trace buttons / icons on toolbar

Discuss the spreadsheet application
peteruf

[Solved] Trace buttons / icons on toolbar

Post by peteruf »

Are there buttons available for tracing precedents and dependents (as well as removing them) to put on the toolbar just like in excel?
Last edited by foxcole on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved [Solved] to the subject line so it would show on the forum list, and selected the green checkmark topic icon.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP + ubuntu
acknak

Re: trace buttons / icons on toolbar

Post by acknak »

Those functions are only available under the Tools > Detective menu.

You can add the commands to a toolbar using Tools > Customize if you want.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
peteruf

Re: trace buttons / icons on toolbar

Post by peteruf »

Thank you. I'm not sure I understand your reply. I know about using tracing tools through Tools > Detective. However, i've tried customizing by having the buttons on the toolbar for easy access instead of going to Tools > Detective. I went through each possible toolbar on the list (in customize), but did not find any buttons for tracing. The keyboard shorcuts work, (actually faster once memorized) but when you want to erase or delete the trace lines, you still need go Tools > Detective on the menu bar since there is no apparent keyboard shortcut for it. Sorry, i guess i'm just lazy and spoiled by all these shortcuts.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP + ubuntu
Hagar Delest

Re: Trace buttons / icons on toolbar

Post by Hagar Delest »

Customize a toolbar, then Add button, Category = Options, you'll find the related commands in the right list (Commands).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10