[Solved] Default zoom ?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jadonchristensen

[Solved] Default zoom ?

Post by jadonchristensen »

How can I change the default zoom to 75% automatically for every time that I open Calc?

Thank you
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
acknak

Re: default zoom ?

Post by acknak »

I don't think you can set a default zoom. The current zoom is saved with the document and restored when it is opened, so the default zoom is whatever zoom you were using the last time you saved the document.

You can set a default zoom for new sheets by making your own template and setting it as the default template. Whatever zoom you were using when you saved that template will be restored when a new document is created.

File > New > Spreadsheet
View > Zoom > 75%
File > Templates > Save > Name = "new_template_zoom75" OK
File > Templates > Organize; select My Templates / "new_template_zoom75" in the left panel
Commands > Set as default template; Close
File > Close

Now, when a new spreadsheet document is created, this template will be used for all the settings, including the zoom.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
huw
Volunteer

Re: default zoom ?

Post by huw »

It's not exactly elegant but you could try recording a macro of setting the zoom to 75%, and then attach that macro to the "Open document" event, although you'd have to make it apply to the whole of OpenOffice, not just Calc.
saaimen

Re: Default zoom ?

Post by saaimen »

Hi, I'm a new user here - I hope you don't mind me reviving this thread.
I came to this forum because of a problem I'm having, and I haven't found a solution yet.
acknak, you say "The current zoom is saved with the document and restored when it is opened, so the default zoom is whatever zoom you were using the last time you saved the document."
For me, this isn't true. That's my problem.
I would like OpenOffice to save my last zoom setting per document/spreadsheet/... , but apparently, it won't.
Is there any setting I could change or anything I can do to fix this? Or is it simply not possible?
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on MacOX 10.6.8
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Zoom level is kept for me (3.3.0 on Ubuntu 11.10).
Try to reset your OOo user profile but don't transfer your personal data during the welcome process (if you had 2.x before), configuration files from the former version might corrupt the new profile.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
saaimen

Post by saaimen »

In fact, I recently deleted everything OOo from my system (including the profile folder) and did a fresh install of 3.3.0...
Would you still advise me to reset the profile?
I wonder whether other Mac users have similar issues - feel free to chime in.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

You could just rename your profile folder so that it can be restored if a new profile makes no difference.

A slight possibility is that your download was defective. Did you check the checksum of your download?

I take it you did not have this problem previously. Are you using a different version of OO or the Mac OS?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
saaimen

Post by saaimen »

kingfisher - I did have the problem before, I was using OO3 aswell, I just did a reinstall to try and fix the problem.
And guess what? Even after this reinstall, resetting the user profile fixed it...
So thanks for the help, Hagar Delest & kingfisher ;)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A reinstall _does not_ touch an existing User Profile. Before reinstalling (frequently instead of) one should always try deleting/renaming the User Profile.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
saaimen

Re: [Solved] Default zoom ?

Post by saaimen »

Oh, I knew that - when I uninstalled, I also deleted the whole OOo folder in my ~/Library ...
With the new install, all settings were gone, too. So the new profile from the reinstall had the same problem as the old one, but it was fixed with a profile reset.
Bizarre, I know.