[Solved] Y-Error Bars Incorrect

Discuss the spreadsheet application
The_Cat

[Solved] Y-Error Bars Incorrect

Post by The_Cat »

Hi All,

Spent ages today making a large pile of graphs. After making them I realised that the y-error bars do not correspond to the errors I specified the range for. Firstly is there any way to fix this? Or has anyone even had this problem? -couldn't find anything.

After playing about for a bit I made a little dummy graph and after playing with the values I noticed that in that particular graph OO had doubled the error values (as in each line was double the value on the spreadsheet), though this was not the case in my other graphs. The error bars are not a single value and they do change but I can't work out why they are different from the value written on the spreadsheet or why they are different from graphs I make in excel (I dont want to waste another day re-doing all of my graphs). Any ideas?
Last edited by The_Cat on Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Win Xp / Easy Peasy 1.6 / Win 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Y-Error Bars Incorrect

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Can you upload a sample file (see: How to attach a document here)?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
The_Cat

Post by The_Cat »

Thank you for your reply and thanks :)

Okay, not the most ideal example, sorry about the small numbers but its just some of the data I am using, but note the difference in the two graphs, the error bars are different :/ They also don't seem to correspond to the data above
Attachments
Example.ods
(34.18 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
ken johnson
Volunteer

Post by ken johnson »

The same range has been used for all four series.
Each series needs its own single row of error values.
Examplex.ods
(32.56 KiB) Downloaded 1777 times
Ken Johnson
AOO 4.1.3 on Ms Windows 10
Help improve this forum by clicking the EDIT button on your first post then adding "[Solved]" to its heading once a solution to your problem has been provided.
The_Cat

Post by The_Cat »

Ah, I see my error (Rats! There I was thinking OO was so awesome that I didn't have to select everything individually). Thanks atleast now all my other graphs are not to ruin!

Now I can't seem to get open office to 'double the error values' as it did before, I suppose I will put it down to stupidity while panicing about a days work :P