[Solved] Cannot load library DLBAPRP.DLL

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
ronj

[Solved] Cannot load library DLBAPRP.DLL

Post by ronj »

Hello Forum,
I recently became aware of Open office and downloaded and installed with no problem. I have windows XP and the latest version of Open office. I am using the spreadsheet function. All seems fine when I open a spreadsheet. However, when I try to format a cell I get a popup window that says "cannot load library DLBAPRP.DLL. Using defaults Error: 126" I have to hit OK 4 times before the Format cells window appears. Then if I hit a tab such as Font I get the same message and have to hit the OK button 4 times and then it crashes and shuts down and goes through recovery process and report crash etc. Any ideas on what I can try to correct this ? The program seems fantastic and I hope someone can figure this out because it is somewhat useless if it can't format and crashes. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
windows XP Openoffice 3.3.0 version 9567
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Re: cannot load library DLBAPRP.DLL

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
This DLL is from Microsoft and related to printing.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918730
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
ronj

Re: Cannot load library DLBAPRP.DLL

Post by ronj »

Hi Bernard,
Thank you very much for the lead on the DLL from microsoft. It seems to be related to a printer driver file. I do have a dell A940 printer that was mentioned in the article. I am very leery of going in to the system and changing extensions, paths or system 32 folder. Before I start that process I'd like to confirm if this makes sense to you. I am not printing. I am not asking the CALC program in openoffice to print. I am merely opening the program, clicking on a cell and trying to format that cell. I get the error message and eventual crash when I try formatting a simple cell. Since I'm not asking the program to print, I don't understand why a printer file is coming in to play. Does an errant or missing DLL printer file have anything to do with formatting a cell? Thanks Bernard. Have a good day,
Ron
windows XP Openoffice 3.3.0 version 9567
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
You have a problem with Windows, and you have to solve it. This is not a problem with OpenOffice.org. Get help from a forum answering Microsoft problems.

OpenOffice.org uses printer configuration data. See menu Tools >Options :
- section Load/Save > General : Load printer settings with the document
- section OpenOffice.org Calc : Use printer metrics for text formatting
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
KMcCMedia

Post by KMcCMedia »

Not so fast though!

A little too easy to just say "That dll is a Microsoft one" and to lay the blame on Windows. Actually the files are from Lexmark and Dell and the printers are long out of manufacture and now their drivers aren't even bundled with some popular Linux distro's.

I have been using Open Office for years with Windows and Linux and have a Dell A940 shared on a network. When I too, just today, upgraded to OO v 3.3, I got the exact same symptoms Ron describes.

Tried swapping the Dell driver for the Lexmark z55 driver (equivalent) different file names same problem. Well the Microsoft fix works, but some new feature of OO elicited the problem, originally associated with Outlook. Hmmm...

Thank you B Marcelly for the link to the Microsoft Service note. Method 1 worked for me. That is I copied every file "DL*.dll" from the "drive:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32x86\3" folder to the "drive:\Windows\System32" folder and the problem went away.
ooo330m20 - Build 9567 Windows XP Pro, Also Ubuntu
jack_84

Post by jack_84 »

I experienced the same problem today after upgrading (the proper way) from OpenOffice 2.2 to 3.3. I've been using my Lexmark Z607 printer with the same OS and the OO 2.2 suite for a couple of years now without a glitch, so the problem definitely isn't the fault of the OS or Microsoft for that matter. It's something OO 3.3 causes, and which should warrant a debug.
OpenOffice 3.3 on WindowsXP SP3
Nightowl57

Post by Nightowl57 »

This problem raised it's ugly head with me as soon as I installed OO3.3.0 and I fought it for two days. I am using a Lexmark Z23 which has worked like a charm for the past 5 or 6 years. The driver LXAIPRP.dll could not be accessed and Error 126 poped-up. I solved the problem by un-installing OO3.3.0 and re-installing OO3.2.1 I am just going to wait until a bug patch is issued. The install OO 3.3.0 caused the Error 126 to pop-up and my WordPerfect to not print along with a couple of other programs. I had to also re-install my printer drivers from the CD to get all those working after I un-installed OO 3.3.0. I agree, it is a OO3.3.0 problem.
Charles Ellis
Open Office v 3.3.0 Build 9567
Windows XP
Sparky2114

Post by Sparky2114 »

I had same problem with my Dell -Windows XP SP3 - A940 Printer. I used the Microsoft fix posted by B Marcelly. Now works as advertised. Thanks from Texas !!!
Open Office 3.3.0 Windows XP