Excel 2003 xml export/import

Discuss the spreadsheet application
StrefanA

Excel 2003 xml export/import

Post by StrefanA »

Hi,

First post, be gentle ...

I need to export a spreadsheet to Excel 2003 xml format and that works (sort of) but not really converted like I would want it. BUT it will not import correctly? The cell references are wrong. EG you have =A1 in a cell, export it with save-as and import it with open. Formats and numbers import OK but the cell reference becomes text of:]=[.A1]

ooo2spreadsheetml.xsl in export-folder uses formular.xsl which contains:

Code: Select all

<!-- Translate OOOC formula expressions of table cells to spreadsheetml expression

For example:
                        "oooc:=ROUNDDOWN(123.321;2)"
                                to "=ROUNDDOWN(123.321,2)"
                        "oooc:=([.B2]-[.C2])"
                                to  "=(RC[-2]-RC[-1])"
                        "oooc:=DCOUNTA([.E14:.F21];[.F14];[.H14:.I15])"
                                to  "=DCOUNTA(R[-17]C[3]:R[-10]C[4],R[-17]C[4],R[-17]C[6]:R[-16]C[7])"   -->
which seems to indicate that =A1 should be converted to R[]C[] syntax when saved (is what I want also when my program processes the xml, now it must handle both syntaxes and both relative and absolute adressing ...)

Any clues you can give, TIA
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 on MacOS 10.6.4
kangarolf

Re: Excel 2003 xml export/import

Post by kangarolf »

Im having the same problem...when I import a basci XML file with a cell formula referenced in R[]C[] format Openoffice just displays the formula as text (imports fine into Excel). When I export a simple spreadsheet with a formula it exports a strange combination of text.

My spreadsheet has one column with three rows, cell 1,1 = 1, cell 2,1 = 2, cell 3 is the formula summing the first and second cells (=sum(A1:A2)) and should render out in XML as "R[-2]C:R[-1]C" but is intead "of:=SUM([.A1:.A2])". The import is also all crazy.

Anyone have a handle on where this, Im guessing, parse bug is coming in..?

Rolf
openoffice 3.1 on windows 7
kangarolf

Post by kangarolf »

Just as a side note, I just tried the same file in openoffice 2.0 and it worked fine on both import and export.

Is there a way to use the filter from that version..?
openoffice 3.1 on windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

kangarolf wrote:Just as a side note, I just tried the same file in openoffice 2.0 and it worked fine on both import and export.

Is there a way to use the filter from that version..?
Try this path:
OOo2 menu: Tools>XML...
<Select Excel 2003 XML>
[Save as Package]

OOo3 menu: Tools>XML...
[Open Package...]
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice