Conditional Formatting disabled when working in Excel

Discuss the spreadsheet application
MattRiedl85

Conditional Formatting disabled when working in Excel

Post by MattRiedl85 »

Hello.

I've done some Googling and searching of the forum, but I apologize in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere and I've missed it.

We work mostly with MS office formats, and have been trying to utilize open office with the MS Office file formats.

One issue I have found is that if I create a conditional format in an Excel document, then open the document in Calc, input data (not changing the formatting, or using any of the special features of open office which Excel lacks), then save it as a Excel 97/2000/XP document, the formatting is lost when opening the document in Excel, but remains when opening it in Open Office.

Please let me know if any more information would be helpful in figuring out a resolution. We need to use MS office file formats as our default, and ideally would like to continue utilizing both Calc and Excel 2003/2007 together in this way.

Thanks,

Matt
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows XP
keskival

Re: Conditional Formatting disabled when working in Excel

Post by keskival »

I have the same problem with MS Excel 2007 files in OpenOffice 3.2.0.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0
OOO320m12 (build:9483)
on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.04), 64-bit.
keskival

Post by keskival »

The xls files and conditional formatting work fine in OpenOffice.org Calc 3.1.1.

Opening the OpenOffice.org Calc saved xls file in MS Excel shows the cell ranges in the conditional formatting statement corrupted. OpenOffice.org Calc show the ranges correctly.

This seems to be a regression bug in xls file writing.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0
keskival

Post by keskival »

The same bug appears in OpenOffice.org Calc 3.2.1 RC also.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0
safety98

Post by safety98 »

Same issue here but the person I sent the xls file to (which I created in Calc 3.2) said the conditional formatting, while it does work, the reference cell has been changed. Has anyone reported it as a bug yet? Thanks for the posts - I was going crazy thinking I did something to the file.
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Windows Vista