Hyperlinks don't give focus to already open document in 3.2

Discuss the spreadsheet application
floris v
Volunteer

Hyperlinks don't give focus to already open document in 3.2

Post by floris v »

This was reported in the Dutch language forum, I toyed a bit with it and can confirm this behaviour, which is apparently new (I never tried before).
Make two documents, one contains a hyperlink to the other document, close that second document, click the link to open it, go to the first document and click the link again, and you find that you're still in that document. Alt-tab or mousing to the other document is the only way to get there. Can we get this confirmed?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
tomcloyd

Re: Hyperlinks don't give focus to already open document in 3.2

Post by tomcloyd »

I can confirm this problem in Kubuntu Linux 9.10 (latest version, fully updated). I just upgraded OO to ver. 3.2, which is not in the Ubuntu repository. The ver. 3.1x in the repositories did NOT have this problem. Now, suddenly, significant parts of my more complex spreadsheet document do not work. Gaaak!

We need to report a bug. I don't have time to do it for about 3 hours. Anyone else able to get on it right away?
Kubuntu Linux 9.04 & OOo 3.0.1
Sytze

Post by Sytze »

I can confirm this behaviour,
but there seems to be a difference with using Bootcamp (XP Home) and Snow Leopard .
I also confirm that this was not an issue in OOo3.1

1) Using an accounting system in Bootcamp and creating a report, command to export to spreadsheet does open OOo3.2 but not a window with data loaded.
2) Using Bootcamp and clicking on the file in Explorer does start OOo3.2 but not a new window with data loaded
3) Using Snow Leopard and opening the file in Finder does start OOo3.2 AND it opens a new window.
Sytze

Post by Sytze »

to add/clarify to my last post: OOo3.2 is installed in Snow Leopard. Bootcamp is a "hosted" OS.
sorry
OOo 3.2 on Mac (Intel) with Snow Leopard and XP Home ed.