Updated to 3.2 from 3.1 now import from web app doesn't work

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jhalsey

Updated to 3.2 from 3.1 now import from web app doesn't work

Post by jhalsey »

I upgraded from Open Office 3.1 to 3.2 over the weekend. Everything seemed to go smoothly during the install. Now I have an asp.net app that produces a report with an option to export it to excel. It has always worked fine with Open Office 3.1, but now that I've updated to 3.2, I get a pop up that says "text import" and asks for the language setting and delimiter (picture attached). If I click ok, it opens Open Office, but it displays the html that builds the table instead of interpreting it and arranging the table. I am assuming I just need to change some settings since 3.1 worked fine. Would any happen to know what I need to do or know where I can start looking for a solution?

I'm running Windows XP if that helps.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
text import pop up.png
jhalsey

Re: Updated to 3.2 from 3.1 now import from web app doesn't work

Post by jhalsey »

I guess it should be noted that imports from SQL Reporting Services works fine.
Windows XP
Open Office 3.2
mgarutti

Re: Updated to 3.2 from 3.1 now import from web app doesn't

Post by mgarutti »

I have the same problem. Someone got the solution ?
Marco
Marco Garutti OOO3.2
kscooley

Re: Updated to 3.2 from 3.1 now import from web app doesn't

Post by kscooley »

I have the same issue. I previously had an older version of OO, but this weekend, I installed Windows 7 on my machine. I went to OO and downloaded it, not realizing it was a new version. When I went to export a spreadsheet after installing the new version, I also got the Text prompt along with the HTML code. VERY frustrating. Is this something that will be corrected? or is there a workaround? Having to go back to an older version of OO seems like a sad way of doing things - you'd think it would work just fine in a new version, too.

Thanks for any insight.
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7