[Solved] How to turn off auto hyperlink

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Barbayat

[Solved] How to turn off auto hyperlink

Post by Barbayat »

I googled and I searched here (although my ability to find and cover all the possible search terms is a bit weak) but I have not found a clue how I prevent the program from turning something into a hyperlink.

I know how I can remove the hyperlink but I hope to avoid this and maybe also get a few pointers were I can put an end to more of the annoying auto format occasions with calc. It is easy in writer but here I have not found it yet with calc :knock:

So does anyone know how to stop the program from turning what is supposed to be ordinary text into hyperlinks?
Last edited by Barbayat on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows Vista 32 (64 on home computer) and Open Office 3.1.
squenson
Volunteer

Re: How to turn off auto hyperlink

Post by squenson »

Welcome to this forum Barbayat!

To turn off automatic URL recognition, click on the menu Tools > AutoCorrect Options, then uncheck the box "URL recognition".
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
Barbayat

Re: How to turn off auto hyperlink

Post by Barbayat »

Wow, Thanks, that is it :D

Now I feel a bit stupid that I did not saw that - but I guess I was stuck on autoformat for some reason.

Just spend a few minutes turning off various auto functions that bothered me.

Thanks again, also for the nice welcome! :super:
Windows Vista 32 (64 on home computer) and Open Office 3.1.
Jeka

Re: [Solved] How to turn off auto hyperlink

Post by Jeka »

This isn't completely solved in my version of Calc. I disabled the URL recognition then attempted to correct the existing links in my spreadsheet. They remained links every time I retyped the data, even when I deleted the old link, then entered the new data. I tested typing a URL in an unused cell. It did not create a link, so turning off the URL recognition did work. I was able to correctly reformat the existing links by typing the URL in an unused cell. I then cut the URL from that cell, highlighted the data in a destination cell with a hyperlink, then pasted the cut data over the existing hyperlink. The pasted data did not convert into a link.
Open office 4.1.2 on Windows 10 home
Alex1
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] How to turn off auto hyperlink

Post by Alex1 »

Welcome to the forum!
You can use Ctrl+M to turn off existing links.
AOO 4.1.15 & LO 24.2.2 on Windows 10