OLAP SQL server analysis service

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jjgonzalez

OLAP SQL server analysis service

Post by jjgonzalez »

Hello.

I need help with OLAP in SQL Server and OpenOffice Calc. My intention is connect Analysis Service to a datashhet in OOCalc. Do you know if its possible¿?.

Thank you.!
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
jjgonzalez

Re: OLAP SQL SERVER ANALYSIS SERVICE

Post by jjgonzalez »

now in galician.... Ola...

necesito ayuda con analysis service. A Miña intencion é conectar o OOCalc con cubos OLAP baseados en SQL Server. Alguen sabe si esto é posible¿?.

Moitas graciñas....

Jorgiño
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The "PalOOCa" extension
Description wrote:The PalOOCa Project offers the first complete Open Source MOLAP-Stack for fast, flexible and intuitive Office-based Business Intelligence. It provides an extension for OpenOffice.org Calc which allows both, read and write, access to data from within the Open Source OLAP Server Palo via Calc.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jjgonzalez

Post by jjgonzalez »

does mean that i've got to forget the openoffice with sql server¿?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

jjgonzalez wrote:does mean that i've got to forget the openoffice with sql server¿?
Yes, until you write a similar extension as the one I've linked. But that could be difficult due to the policies and interface documentation of that company (I don't really know, but the fact that somebody wrote this extension for a free OLAP server but not for MS SQL raises some suspicion...). Proprietary interfaces require proprietary software. Use MS software to communicate with MS OLAP.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Jamie Kowalski

Re: OLAP SQL server analysis service

Post by Jamie Kowalski »

If you send or receive data from the Web by using the Pivot Table Service (PTS) OLE DB provider, you must open the required HTTP ports on the computer that is running Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).I read a book on the topic.The book is available on Amazon & you can buy an e-book directly from the publisher by writing OLAPWorldPress@gmail.com.
AZC0der

Re: OLAP SQL server analysis service

Post by AZC0der »

You're going to need to find an add-in to do it, but there's *tons* of documentation on SSAS if you decide to tackle it.
Not trivial, though.
A cursory look shows a few open-source projects out there - see:

http://code.google.com/p/galaktikabusinessmonitor/

There are others as well, google SSAS Open-source - RANet is one referenced on that page that sounds familiar...
OpenOffice 3.1 on SUSE 9