CSV import, max no. of rows exceeded at 3,739??

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Citizendee

CSV import, max no. of rows exceeded at 3,739??

Post by Citizendee »

I've just exported my music collection from MediaMonkey to a CSV file. Total of 3,739 records. I've confirmed this by also exporting to HTML and opening the CSV export in PSPad but when importing to Calc I get an error saying maximum number of rows have been reached and remainder will be ignored. The data stops at row 3,386. Running latest OOo 3.0 on Windows XP.
Why is this occurring? It's very annoying considering I uninstalled MS Office thinking OOo could handle everything.

-CD
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: CSV import, max no. of rows exceeded at 3,739??

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Not sure. The limit should be 65536 of course. Could you zip the file and upload it here if it goes to less than 128K? If it is bigger than that you could host it on a free site like MediaFire and post the link here. I will take a look at it.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

I had a similar problem on ooo 3.0.1 and found (for me atleast), that when I removed the contents (quotation mark) of the "text delimiter" option on the text import dialog, then it imported the complete csv file rather than stopping at 2112. In a larger file containing the same data and more it said it had cut it short but actually seemed to import 12689 out of 13406 and did import the last csv line of the file. I had used the -a option of grep for amalgamating csv files which were said to have some binary data.

My file had quotation marks in the first csv, but I couldn't see any difference between the lines where it stopped.
OOo 3.0.X on Debian + kubuntu, openbsd
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

@kevlar: You could host your file on a free site like MediaFire and post the link here.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust