[Issue] Formatting endnotes according to Russian standards

Discuss the word processor
dm_dobrowolski

[Issue] Formatting endnotes according to Russian standards

Post by dm_dobrowolski »

Im running OOo 2.2 under MS Windows XP. And I do need to use endnotes (not footnotes) in my articles, 'cause this is a standart requirement of the humanity scientific editions in Russia. I've learned myself how to force OOo Writer to place endnotes not at the new page but in the end of a section. But I'd like to avoid both the endnote separator line and the space appearing instead of it when it's width is set to 0pt. And (I'm fastidious, but I really can't help it) I'd like to found some place for the word "Примечания" ('Notes'), which has to be placed before the first endnote according to those :evil: :evil: :evil: rules (not just in the text after the linebreak, but in the beginnig of the endnote section if possible...)

Could someone help me, please?
Last edited by dm_dobrowolski on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitrey A.Dobrowolski
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ms Windows Vista
Hagar Delest

Re: Formatting endnotes according to the Russian standarts

Post by Hagar Delest »

The Endnotes/Footnotes separator is set in the page style. Double click the page style name in the status bar bottom of window and go to the Footnote tab. Adjust the spacing and set the line weight to 0. Add a space in the Spacing to footnote contents field so that you can insert a frame that you'll anchor to Paragraph, anchoring it to the first footnote paragraph. See attachment.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
Attachments
Endnotes separator.odt
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
dm_dobrowolski

Post by dm_dobrowolski »

Thank you, but it's again a bypass, not a solution. The problem is that the frame with "Notes" inscription disappears when file is saved into *.doc and is placed after first endnote sign in *.rtf. On contrary, the separator line is there back. Lots of my colleagues still use MS Word, MS Word, MS Word and MS Word only (even as an email client), so Carthago must be destroyed, not decorated.

For some time I'll leave this issue "unsolved", and if nothing more appears, I'll think about a feature request.

PS Maybe somebody knows, whether an ODT file syntax allows changing footnote/endnote separator at all? or lines are the only possible?
Dmitrey A.Dobrowolski
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

dm_dobrowolski wrote:Thank you, but it's again a bypass, not a solution. The problem is that the frame with "Notes" inscription disappears when file is saved into *.doc and is placed after first endnote sign in *.rtf. On contrary, the separator line is there back. Lots of my colleagues still use MS Word, MS Word, MS Word and MS Word only (even as an email client), so Carthago must be destroyed, not decorated.
Of course, if you don't give all the context, we can't give you the appropriate answer :roll:
First search the Issue Tracker, it may have been reported already: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
dm_dobrowolski

Post by dm_dobrowolski »

The feature request named "Editable footnote/endnote separators for Writer" is submitted.
See http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=92923
Vote for it, please.
Also if you're interested in what was discussed here, you may want to vote for issue #3329 "Should be able to disable page break before endnotes":
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=3329.
Dmitrey A.Dobrowolski