Can't Delete Page Break!

Discuss the word processor
Jennifer125

Can't Delete Page Break!

Post by Jennifer125 »

I have a very large document (110 pages) and there is a section that has a succession of 10 or more large tables. At some point, I must have created a hard page break, probably with command+return. Now I have a nearly blank page and I can't seem to delete the page break.
OOo 2.2.X on Mac OSx other
Hagar Delest

Re: Can't Delete Page Break!

Post by Hagar Delest »

Go to the first paragraph of the next page, right click and select Paragraph, then in the Text Flow tab, uncheck the Break insert box.

If it doesn't work, can you delete the pages before and after and upload that sample file here?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

You can't delete a page break because it only exists as a formatting attribute of a paragraph--there is no "break element" to delete.

Look for the page with a slightly thicker/darker line at the top margin; that line indicates that the following (or less likely, preceding) paragraph has the page break attribute set. Place the editing cursor in the paragraph below the line, and either type Backspace to delete the paragraph+page break, or do Format > Paragraph > Text Flow > Breaks > Insert = NO (unchecked), to remove the page break attribute without removing any paragraph breaks.

Don't forget to try the online help (there are instructions under "page breaks;inserting and deleting").
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
mainetom

Solved: Re: Can't Delete Page Break!

Post by mainetom »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Go to the first paragraph of the next page, right click and select Paragraph, then in the Text Flow tab, uncheck the Break insert box.
This worked for me when edition an old MS Office created Resume/CV. I couldn't get rid of the last page, but googled for the answer and this post appeared. Thank You!
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 8.x + WinXP
blackshark

Post by blackshark »

Many thanks that worked !
Para -->Text Flow --> uncheck box --> "Break Insert"
NeoOffice 3.1.2P2
OS X 10.5.8
lxvi

Post by lxvi »

I believe the key factor for the OP is that there are tables involved. If a table is the first element on a page that was created with a manual page break, you will NOT see a heavy line indicating a manual break, and trying to remove the page break cannot be accomplished by clicking in the table's first cell and selecting Format > Paragraph... If you look at the Text Flow tab, you will NOT see the box checked under Breaks.

Instead, you must click in the table and select Table > Table Properties... and then go to the Text Flow tab there. That is where the box for the page break can be unchecked.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on 64-bit Vista Home Premium SP2
AOO401m5(Build:9714) - Rev. 1524958
2013-09-20 11:40:29 (Fr, 20 Sep 2013)