I keep losing my custom styles in documents

Discuss the word processor
gregkedro

I keep losing my custom styles in documents

Post by gregkedro »

Ever since upgrading to 2.4.0 I've been having problems with templates that have custom styles in them.

I can load the template fine, and type in a bunch of information well and good. But, at times when I save and exit, when I re-open the document, my styles are not applied -- everything is "default" -- and I have to go back paragraph by paragraph applying the styles just to save it, open it, and have it all back to "default."

Has anyone else run into this problem? It's quite a big deal, as you can imagine. I'm an author, and at times I'll have very large documents. Reformatting is insane.

I would really (!) appreciate any help anyone could give me. Right now, I'm going to try rebuilding my templates from scratch on 2.4.0, re-do all my custom styles and see if that fixes the problem.

Oh, and just for the record... I could not cause the problem consistently. I still don't know what triggers it. I tried everything, and nothing could make the error occur on a consistent basis. It seem random right now (though I know it can't be... it's a computer, for Pete's sake... all it knows are "1's" and "0's").

Greg
micheleZ

Re: I keep losing my custom styles in documents

Post by micheleZ »

Hello,

I think you may have encountered a bug of OOo 2.4:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=87808
The good news is that it will be corrected in version 2.4.1 (as you will notice the issue has been already marked as fixed).

This is by the way the reason why I had to revert to OOo 2.3.1 and I recommend you do the same.

Cheers,

Michele
gregkedro

Post by gregkedro »

Fantastic! That's the problem I'm experiencing. Wonderful.

I appreciate the help!!

Greg
gregkedro

Post by gregkedro »

If any Slackware user is having this same problem and has run across this post, you can use my SlackBuild script (http://www.greg-and-sue.com/openoffice.org.2.3.1.tar.gz) to build your own SlackPackage of OOo_2.3.1. I used the SlackBuilds.org 2.4.0 script and modified it for the OOo_2.3.1 binary from OpenOffice.org.

~Greg