[Solved+Issue] "Next Record" stopped functioning in AOO 3.4

Discuss the word processor
vilandre

[Solved+Issue] "Next Record" stopped functioning in AOO 3.4

Post by vilandre »

I have used writer to create telephone book-like pages and other lists from Base (not labels) successfully for some time. After updating from 3.3 to 3.4 (Windows XP) documents created prior to the update continue to function properly, that is, I get a new record per line where I have inserted a "next record" field. However, any new documents I create do not sequence through the database records selected. Each line repeats whatever information resides in the first selected record of the group.

I have examined the field names (using CTRL+F9) in both pre-existing and new documents and cannot see any differences. Has anyone else experienced this?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
Apache Open Office 3.4 on Windows XP Professional
acknak

Re: "Next Record" stopped functioning in Apache 3.4

Post by acknak »

Right--I see what you mean.

It seems that the default properties are messed up: the next record field seems to be conditional by default, and the default condition is not true, so the record does not advance.

I could get it to work by changing the "Condition" property (double-click on the field to edit it) to "1" (without the quotes).

Clearly, having to do that to fix previously working documents is not a solution--I expect it's a known problem and should get addressed very soon. Maybe I can check later and try to track down the official status.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
vilandre

Re: "Next Record" stopped functioning in Apache 3.4

Post by vilandre »

Thank you acknak!

I have spent hours trying to find out what I was doing differently. Your fix, editing the condition property, works perfectly.
Apache Open Office 3.4 on Windows XP Professional
acknak

Re: [Solved] "Next Record" stopped functioning in Apache 3.4

Post by acknak »

I couldn't find a report for this and it looks fairly important to me, so I filed a bug report for it:

Issue 120278: Database field NEXT RECORD fails in default configuration

You can register there and add your vote (up to two) or comment.
acknak

Re: [Solved+Issue] "Next Record" stopped functioning in AOO

Post by acknak »

I see that the issue is already fixed and is scheduled to be included in the 3.4.1 bugfix release, due out in a few weeks.