Alphabetical Index problems

Discuss the word processor
Will Pittenger

Alphabetical Index problems

Post by Will Pittenger »

I'm working on indexing a Writer document in OpenOffice.org 3.4 where most of the index entries include or are bookmark references. Some of the issues below could be related to our references. Others, probably not. I'm using a concordance file.
  1. Some entries where missing or failed to find all the instances. This is without rhyme or reason that I can tell. There is no pattern.
  2. We would like some entries to show up in several places. So we would like to see "ID3" show up under "Tree", "Decision Tree", and "ID3". Unfortunately, Writer seems to be using only one entry. In that case, I have the lines shown below.

Code: Select all

ID3;ID3;;;0;1
    ID3;ID3;Decision Tree;;0;1
    ID3;ID3;Tree;;0;1

3. Some entries, all with short text like "ID3", are shown with the list of instance pages immediately after the text. So that might be shown as "ID3:→2,3,4" rather than "ID3: .........2,3,4". The option to right align the instance list is selected for all depths. (I added a colon followed by a space immediately after the entry text for separation reasons. Removing it has no effect.)
Will Pittenger
I currently use OpenOffice 4.0 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit (as of August 7th, 2013)