My pictures change places

Discuss the word processor
christhebliz

My pictures change places

Post by christhebliz »

I've been writing essays for some while now, editing them as I go.
Now I've noticed that the essays I've submitted to my school has the picture locations all wrong. They are at the right place when I save them but change location in the saved file.
I'm using "page anchor" and wrap front and behind, any ideas?

ps. Not all documents have changed their appearance after save, just some now the past few weeks
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: My pictures change places

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Do you save in native format (ODF) or do you export in .doc for example?
Personally, I only anchor as character. No wrap possible but more robust.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
christhebliz

Post by christhebliz »

I'm using .doc as the default format on all documents

Might be worth mentioning that captioned pictures and uncaptioned ones have changed position

thanks for the welcome
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

It doesn't matter if captioned or not, it's the same kind of object (frames).

Remember that the .doc import/export filters have been reverse engineered. The lack of compatibility of this format is part of the vendor lock-in policy from MS to keep their market shares. That's why it's so important to use true open formats like ODF.

If you need to use .doc then you need to stick to MS Office. LibreOffice may have a better .doc support, you can try it.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
christhebliz

Post by christhebliz »

Thanks for the answers mate. I'll have to live with it then
Citizen0000014295

Re: My pictures change places / My clipboard is blocked

Post by Citizen0000014295 »

So your above reasons are why I can copy and paste from a web page into TextEdit and see the text and the images, but when I paste the same clipboard into OpenOffice Writer I see only the text?

And this is why there is no wrap choice in the textedit?

And I can 'try' it if I want? xref: the three parts to a federal complaint? xref: Civil Cover sheet; xref: civil right to be able to paste 'exhibits' without being hobbled by a debilitating one, by one, import command?

OpenOffice.org and ACUL together? What nation (s) would like to join the suit?

{{The US Supreme Court requires all briefs to be submitted in a privately owned font! Century... [thn/]}}

Or is there an engineering solution so OpenOffice Writer can accept the paste of images as well as text, AND offer word wrap relative to the images?

And if so, what must be done so the Egyptian Postal Service can contract with Open Office [[thn/]] to make sure all computers, phones, pads, etc. sold [thn/] [thnk/] in Egypt come with this ability to bear witness in as efficient [thn/] a manner as is possible without being blocked / hindered by proprietary code preventing page numbers, and wrap, headers, and footers, etc. to organize your UNiversal right to remember and present evidence?

Have you tried FeedFabrik.com yet? It converts WordPress blogs into books [Whmp] Surely there is code which can accept paste of text and images simultaneously into OpenOffice. No? Or can OOWriter already do this [Brhnnn rhnn] and I haven't found it yet?

Thanks [Whn] I love Open Office and open source, and think the Governments of the world have a duty to make sure we can read, write, find, remember, send, etc. - all the basic commands, without being beholden to anyone. Then if we want more than that, we have the write to voluntarily contract. What do you think? And what can we do to set some legal precedents before our final key stroke (s)?

But we must have the right to put what we see, or hear, on our clipboards, even if it is a screen grab, and then the ability to paste that into text, or video, or audio beds.

So, is there already a 'clipboard mode' where when you make a screen grab the image goes to the desktop folder and the clipboard simultaneously? (work flow).

Open Office and Civil Rights [Whump] - Try to use the oldest and simplest words, "Memory" for 'clipboard', 'write' for 'paste', 'remember' for 'save'. 'Say' for 'post' or 'publish'. 'Electro-magnetic accumulator and certainty machine', or electro-magnetic [[rrrRhn]] 'pencil' and 'paper' for video camera / computer, etc. People make up new words to deny rights, like 'press', or 'video', [[thn/]] {{or A.I.}} or 'solicitation', or...

Re: My pictures change places / My clipboard is blocked
OpenOffice2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04