[Issue] Unable to change the data range of a chart

Discuss the word processor
abzeidler

[Issue] Unable to change the data range of a chart

Post by abzeidler »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board, so I hope I don't make a fool out of myself, but anyways... I've got a problem with a table that won't generate a chart properly (in OO-Writer). To be precise I only want to get a simple bar graph from "besuche0910.C6:F6" yet I cannot modify the data range - I just can't enter the respective menu. In fact the chart wizard won't even open up when used on this table! :ucrazy:

So I tried to copy the respective cells first and make a chart from them. In fact the chart wizard opened up properly and I was able to access the data range - but still OO won't accept the range "besuche0910.C6:F6" so I can't proceed. :knock:

Btw I'm using Open Office 3.3.0 and it it running under Win7 professional. But I guess this also shows up in the signature...
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
weird.odt
this is the table in question
(11.48 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Moved to the Writer forum (and out of the Tutorials forum.) (The Gurkha, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
Open Office 3.3.0 (Build 9567)
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Unable to change the data range of a chart

Post by r4zoli »

Attached file table in range "besuche0910.C6:F6" cause me crash, I can create chart only with first two column.
All other selections cause me crash in OOo 3.3 and 3.4Beta.
How you created this table?
Copied from external source?

Delete first row of table heading, then you could create charts from any row.
 Edit: I submitted a bug on this problem. http://openoffice.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=117965 
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
abzeidler

Re: [Issue] Unable to change the data range of a chart

Post by abzeidler »

Thanks a lot r4zoli, I used your hint to get a workaround: I deleted the first row to evoke the chart wizard and later restored the first row, though I had to use another copy of that table to be able to do so.

Supposed your strikethrough question isn't obsolete: no, I created this table from scratch all within OO 3.3 writer. So I guess you did a good thing in submitting this as a bug. Thanks again!
Open Office 3.3.0 (Build 9567)