[Solved] Combining pdf files not possible in OpenOffice.org?

Discuss the word processor
Aber123

[Solved] Combining pdf files not possible in OpenOffice.org?

Post by Aber123 »

I downloaded Open Office because someone told me I would be able to open several PDF files at once and combine them into one doccument (I am trying to create one PDF doccument which is around 200 pages long. It is currently saved as 5 different word doccuments and the same 5 converted to PDF. I cannot add them all into the same Word doccument and then covert that to a PDF as it destroys all the table formatting etc).
Having read other posts I now realise this is not possible- Open Office does not allow you to open PDF doccuments.
Does anyone have any other ideas how it would be possible to combine these 5 PDF files?

Thank you

Karen

(Using Open Office 3 on Windows Visa Enterprise)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
open office 3/ windows visa enterprise
andyroberts1234

Re: combining pdf files- not possible in Open Office?

Post by andyroberts1234 »

Google found this http://www.mergepdf.net/ and many others - just search for combine pdf!
Andy

OOO 3.3.0 / Windows 7 64-bit
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

... or use a virtual pdf printer. (for example: PDFCreator)
... or use a standalone software to manage pdf files (for example: PDFTK builder)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Aber123

Post by Aber123 »

Brilliant, thank you.
Sorry, I should have googled it, just got a bit confused by the advice to use Open Office
open office 3/ windows visa enterprise