[Solved] Control cursor thickness?

Discuss the word processor
magaluf

[Solved] Control cursor thickness?

Post by magaluf »

Is there any way to make the text cursor more visible?

I've been very happy using OO (for which many thanks) for a while but,in Writer, I now find the cursor gets lost in the text. I can only find it by highlighting some text and seeing the (now) pale blue selected characters. The cursor itself is still just a very thin, blinking line.

I notice MS Word (on the same m/c) has a much thicker cursor that is much harder to lose - is it possible to change the appearance of the cursor within OO Writer to make it more obvious? Alternatively, could it be serifed, if that's a real word and if anyone thinks that would make it more visble?

Thanks
Last edited by magaluf on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOO330m20 (Build:9567)
Win Vista for Business (Windows V6 build 6002 SP2)
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Control cursor thickness?

Post by Bill »

You can change the thickness of the cursor in Vista. Select Start and type access in the search box. Select Ease of Access Center in the Programs list. In the Ease of Access Center window, select Make the computer easier to see. Scroll down to Set the thickness of the blinking cursor: and change the setting.
magaluf

Re: Control cursor thickness?

Post by magaluf »

Thanks Bill, changing cursor there has changed its appearance in OO but not in Word, which is exactly what I wanted.
OOO330m20 (Build:9567)
Win Vista for Business (Windows V6 build 6002 SP2)
EB3551

Re: [Solved] Control cursor thickness?

Post by EB3551 »

Thanks Bill. I had the same visibility problem with the cursor in Writer (OO v.3.4.) This fix work fine in Windows 7.

EB
Apache OpenOffice 3.04, Windows 7
gman127

Re: [Solved] Control cursor thickness?

Post by gman127 »

I just started using O-O full time and found myself constantly hunting for that dang cursor.
Then I found this post with a solution posted by Bill. I realize it was posted along time ago.
But I just had to give a thanks to Bill and the original post submitter, because this really speaks to
the stickyness of a good post and a quality resolve.
So, again a big Thank You...!!! :super:
George Merriweather
O-Office Version 4.1.1
OS-Vista