Background Query

Discuss the word processor
SparrowSleepingFox

Background Query

Post by SparrowSleepingFox »

When using a color for my background (full page background, not individual line of text background), how do I make the outer margins the same color too? Whenever I choose a color, I right click, choose "page", then the "background" tab; from where I can choose a color. The caveat being, only the center of the page carries the color; the margins remain white.

When I use the Borders tab (right click, "page", then "borders" tab)- it only changes the color of the line for the margin, not the actual full space that makes the margin.
For example:

The image below is the result I get when only using a background color. (Or i can set my border color to "none" and the black line won't show)
bonly.jpg
bonly.jpg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
The image below is what using the "border" color results in (it simply eliminates the black line, or adds a different colored one, but doesn't actually FILL the margins):
bordersonly.jpg
bordersonly.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Using the same color for background & border still leaves the white margins.

What I'm trying to achieve is one solid page of color, as in the image below:
solid.jpg
solid.jpg (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Is this possible? I'm just switching from MS Office 2010 to Open Office, so I'm still learning my way around- in MS Office, when you choose a background color, it colors the entire page- so i feel like a total dork for not being able to figure this out :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pics embedded.
Open Office 3.2.1
Windows 7 Home Premium
therabi
Volunteer

Re: Background Query

Post by therabi »

The background only fills inside the margins. To do what you want you need to set the 'sheet' margins to 0(zero). Then make changes in the paragraph style to fit the text where you want it..

HTH
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: Background Query

Post by Robert Tucker »

See JohnV's post edited 2009 here:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=5143
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.