[Issue] Underlining goes beyond text border

Discuss the word processor
siriusb

[Issue] Underlining goes beyond text border

Post by siriusb »

Hi,
I'm using LibreOffice 3.3.0 OOO330m12 (Build:1) 3.2.99.3 ArchLinux build-1 (ooo330-m13) and have a problem. There are lots of underlining in one of my documents, and at some lines underlining doesn't stop at the text border but keeps going, underlining empty space, see screenshot:
libreofficeunderlinedte.png
It occurs with justified paragraphs, when spaces between words are extended due to paragraph's format. If I insert a hyphen, so spaces get the standard size, it's fine. This issue doesn't show up in Writer itself, but when document is exported to pdf or ps. I checked cups-pdf and the built-in pdf converter, and outcome is the same.

Please help me to find a solution which doesn't take too much effort / time to apply. Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
LibreOffice 3.3.0 OOO330m12 (Build:1) 3.2.99.3 ArchLinux build-1 (ooo330-m13) / Arch Linux 64 bit
Hagar Delest

Re: Underlining goes beyond text border

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Seems to work fine on my xubuntu 10.10 system with 3.3RC5:

Can you upload a sample file so that we check with our systems?
 Edit: Hadn't noticed it was only at PDF export. I confirm the bug also with 3.3RC5 on xubuntu 10.10! 
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
siriusb

Post by siriusb »

Thanks for your reply!

I copied and pasted a part of the mentioned document, pls find attached. I also attached the pdf.
Attachments
sample.pdf
sample pdf
(24.47 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
sample.odt
sample odt
(20.12 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

It also happens with Vista. You can find a bug report here:

underline in pdf-exported odt (full-just)-often bleed over margin

The bleed over of the underlining also occurs when creating a PDF file from Writer using Nitro PDF Creator as a virtual printer. If the ODT file is opened with Word 2000, the underlining in a PDF file created with Nitro PDF Creator is even with the border.