[Issue] Saving notes in .rtf

Discuss the word processor
Jean_Paq

[Issue] Saving notes in .rtf

Post by Jean_Paq »

I am an editor and the company I work for uses .rft documents. I have no problem opening, reading and editing except with the Notes function. The tracking will not save them. I doublecheck to see that record/show is checked, save and then reopen and the checkmark by record is gone and so are my notes.

If I save the ms as a .doc, the same thing happens but sporadically.

Help!!! lol

I'm am using v2.3.1, with windows 200.

Thanks,
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil
Volunteer

Re: saving notes in .rft

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

It is indeed a defect in OpenOffice that notes are not saved when a document is exported to the RTF format.
An issue about this problem has already been filed.
Unfortunately the target milestone is set to OOo Later, so it might take some more time until this is fixed.

However, when exporting to the MS DOC format, notes are normally exported without problems.

So I don't really have a solution for you - except working with the DOC format.

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Jean_Paq

Post by Jean_Paq »

Thanks, Phil

Believe it or not it's a relief to know it's a defect -- instead of my fault. lol

Again, thanks for your help.
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

You're welcome - glad I could help you!
Jean_Paq wrote:Believe it or not it's a relief to know it's a defect -- instead of my fault. lol
I can fully understand that feeling! :lol:

BR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

I wouldn't have thought of notes as a feature supported in RTF, since RTF is rich-text but not fully featured. It used to not support images either, just text formatting, one step up from plain text.

I still learn something every day.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit