[Solved] Defining different page sizes in the one doc

Discuss the word processor
Bluey The Dog

[Solved] Defining different page sizes in the one doc

Post by Bluey The Dog »

Hi all,
I have the situation where being an Engineer, I have to prepare reports that contain drawings. The reports are A4 in size, but the drawings are A3 in size. Is it possible to set up OO so that I can have the report default page as A4 and then when I need to, format a single, or a couple of pages as A3 so that I can insert a drawing, say via a DXF file import. Being able to define the page as portrait/landscape would be good as well. At the moment it's a case of placing a blank page, so the page count is correct, running off the report then plotting the drawings, A3 size, via MicroStation and then manually swapping the blank pages in the report for the plotted drawings. Obviously the report would have to be printed on a big printer that is capable of printing A3/A4.

Is this currently possible within OO and if not, does anyone know if it's planned for the future?

Regards,
Andrew
Last edited by Bluey The Dog on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Linux
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Being able to define different page sizes in the one doc

Post by Zizi64 »

Yes, this is possible in OpenOffice: Use the PAGE STYLE option.
See the attached file:
A4_A3.odt
(9.72 KiB) Downloaded 1353 times
On the page (sized on A3): Insert - Picture - From file - Select DXF extension - Search a *.DFX file - then apply. Resize the inserted picture with mouse dragging, or use the PICTURE STYLE option! (Create one or more own PICTURE STYLE, modify it (set the size, position, e.t.c) and apply it on inserted pictures.)
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bluey The Dog

Re: Being able to define different page sizes in the one doc

Post by Bluey The Dog »

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try today.

Regards,
Andrew
OpenOffice 3.1 on Linux
dohman

Re: [Solved] Defining different page sizes in the one doc

Post by dohman »

Hi,

Can this A4 and A3 page mixture in the one document thing be done in OO draw aswell? if so how? Pleeeeease help me.

Thanks.
open office 3.3
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Defining different page sizes in the one doc

Post by Zizi64 »

Hi,

It is not possible in OOo Draw.

...But:
you can embed one or more (portrait or landscape orientation) Draw document(s) into a Writer document... You can set the Page orientation in writer (see above)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.