[Solved] Remove context-sensitive toolbars from appearing

Discuss the word processor
prr

[Solved] Remove context-sensitive toolbars from appearing

Post by prr »

I have seen the bullets and numbering toolbar appear when I've scrolled over lists. I'd like to keep this toolbar from appearing at all. I saw in one thread how to dock it at the bottom, so when it appears, it will appear there, but I'd rather not have it appear at all, unless I call for it from the View/Toolbars menu. Is there a way to NOT have it appear at all, regardless of what style I scroll over, until I go into View/Toolbars and call it up?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Remove context-sensitive toolbars from appearing

Post by acknak »

Is there a way to NOT have it appear at all...
You can turn it off, but you can't really turn it on and off manually: when the toolbar is on, it is context-sensitive.

While the cursor is in a list and the toolbar is displayed, do View > Toolbars > Bullets & Numbering: OFF In this state, the toolbar will never appear.

To use the toolbar, you have to toggle the setting ON again, at which point the toolbar will resume the default behavior.

If you click the "X" to close the toolbar, it only disappears temporarily, until the next context toggle.

You can turn the default toolbar off, and make your own toolbar with the same functions, and that toolbar will not be context-sensitive.

Personally, I just learned to live with the defaults.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
prr

Re: Remove context-sensitive toolbars from appearing

Post by prr »

Thanks. That did it.

EDIT: That is to say, unchecking the toolbar (in View/Toolbars/Bullets and Numbering) after I placed the cursor in a numbered list, took it off permanently.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
YAGoogler

Re: [Solved] Remove context-sensitive toolbars from appearin

Post by YAGoogler »

Hi,
Apparently messing with the registry :shock: could help
in your user registry, that is, the one called "registrymodifications.xcu" (at least that's is name in my system)
Changing all the
<prop oor:name="ContextSensitive" oor:op="fuse"><value>false</value></prop></item>
value to false as shown here did the trick for me with the "'private:resource/toolbar/formsnavigationbar"
that's the toolbar for navigating data aware forms
should work for other toolbars ...
yours should be "private:resource/toolbar/numobjectbar"
That file is at the root of your user folder, search in this "big" file for the toolbar you are interested in

Cheers
libreoffice 3.3
Ubuntu 11.04