[Solved+Issue] Changing a default Anchor setting

Discuss the word processor
Sentinel

[Solved+Issue] Changing a default Anchor setting

Post by Sentinel »

Running OO 3.1.1 on Vista 64 Bit.

I would like to change the global default for anchoring an image from "Anchor To Paragraph" to "Anchor As Character". I read many different posts here and tried all I could find but I can not get even a document level change to function. I make extensive use of OO to generate reports with many images and it gets real old and time consuming to have to manually change it for every image.

On another question, I have been trying to find the OO Config editor for all of the config parameters, even those not visible through normal menus. Can someone point that out to me please?

Thanks!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu Linux
Hagar Delest

Re: Changing a default Anchor setting

Post by Hagar Delest »

Does it help: [Solved+Issue] Default style & settings for inserted picture?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Does it help: [Solved+Issue] Default style & settings for inserted picture?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
Thank you very much for the reply! That was the first one I found when searching for an answer and tried that. I tried that method by creating a new blank document, inserting an image, use that method to change it and then insert another image as a test. Even on that same document it still anchors to paragraph instead of character. I would expect that it just would not matter if I created a template as It would not save the change and I would still have to change every inserted image.

I have a number of other squirrely happenings with OO that really slow down the report writing. Formatting and reformatting as a result of them costs 25% or more of the report writing time. I certainly don't like the thought of supporting anything Microscrew but I might have to return to Word at this rate.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Once the pic is inserted, set the anchoring and text wrapping as you want.
Open the Stylist (F11), go to frame pane, highlight the Graphics frame style and select Update style from the upper right pull-down button (still in the Stylist).

If you update the Graphics frame style in your default template (see here: [Tutorial] Creating a new default template) then it will always behave like that when you insert a pic.
I've always changed the default anchoring with that method and it works. Are you sure you follow all the steps? I just tried and even added a border to the Graphics style and it adds a border to the already inserted pics as to the new pics inserted afterward.

Can you upload a sample file so that we check the style (see How to attach a document here)?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Hello Hagar de l'Est,

I apologize for the delay in responding. I have been running ragged lately.

Yes I did follow the procedure listed and it just did not seem to want to work. I just tried it again to provide a fresh upload file and it is now working. Hopefully it will continue to function as it is most certainly a time saver!! I did try it on a copy of my report master form and it works as well there.

I have all kinds of strange things occur using OO but I don't want to give it up. For example when I do select the "Styles and Formatting", "Frame Styles" and highlight "Graphics" the "New style from selection" and its corresponding drop down arrow are grayed out. They only way I can get it to activate is selected the four other styles options and back. Then the drop down and option becomes active. Lots of strange things but they are for another day.

Thanks for your assistance and have a happy holiday!
Edakos

Re: [Solved] Changing a default Anchor setting

Post by Edakos »

This issue is not solved...

Look this workaround: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=19814#c14
OpenOffice 3.2, Ubuntu 11.04