Mouse scroll pause bug - OOo Writer 3.0

Discuss the word processor
innerdude

Mouse scroll pause bug - OOo Writer 3.0

Post by innerdude »

Running Windows XP sp2 on an Athlon 64x2 5400+
2 GB RAM.
300 GB hard drive.
Logitech MX518 mouse with version 4.60 of Logitech SetPoint software.

It has been reported on several other posts, but I also wanted to add to the list of users who find OpenOffice.org Writer 3.0 unusable due to the mouse scroll lag problem.

As reported by others, when using a large file (30 megabytes) with lots of graphic inserts, the system pauses for 4 to 6 seconds any time you mouse scroll through the document.

The problem is less severe when using the up/down scroll box in the right, though it will still hang / pause for 4 to 6 seconds on occasion using this method as well. Why a mouse scroll causes this pause is beyond me, especially when a simple page up / page down on a keyboard does not have the same issue.

NEVER had this problem with OOo Writer 2.4.1. I can't imagine what has changed to cause this problem, and I certainly don't have this problem in Word 2003. I'm really disappointed, because I have been an advocate of Open Office for about a year now, and this change / bug in the new version has severely dampened my enthusiasm.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Mouse scroll pause bug - OOo Writer 3.0

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please read the Survival Guide to the Forum before posting.

Try, Tools, Customize, Menus, View menu, Add, Category View, Graphics On/Off.

Now you can quickly toggle the display of graphics when working with heavy documents.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10