[Solved] Welcome to Open Office screen

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Plumrose

[Solved] Welcome to Open Office screen

Post by Plumrose »

Hello everyone,
I installed open office on a server to test. I was wondering about the welcome screen that comes up that ask for your name and for you to register. I did that on the admin account but for some reason it still shows up every time a user opens it up for the first time. Is there anyway to just do it once on the admin account and not have each user need to go through it? Thanks for all the help!
Last edited by Plumrose on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Welcome to Open Office screen

Post by Hagar Delest »

There is a quick solution : use the option -nofirststartwizard in the command line launching OOo.
The another solution is to use a script copying the script.xcu containing the string corresponding to a completed registration in each user profile at first login.

Take for example the \Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\setup.xcu file created after registration has been done, put it in a network folder and use that file for other users through the script if it doesn't exists already.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

NB: moved your thread in the Setup & Troubleshouting forum. Not in the MS Windows one because it can be adapted for other OS.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bobby1

Re: [Solved] Welcome to Open Office screen

Post by bobby1 »

Hi,

do you have any advice if there is no setup.xcu file in my install? Could it mean something went wrong during the install? OpenOffice appears to be working fine, I'm just trying to setup a Windows service.

thanks!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 2003 Server