[Solved] E-Mail Attachments

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Arlender

[Solved] E-Mail Attachments

Post by Arlender »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? MS Vesta Home Basic
What is your question or comment? I have sent an OO attachment from writer and one from calc to some friends and they could not open the attachments. I they have MS Word and MS Excel how can I save/send these type of attachments so the recepients can open them?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: E-Mail Attachments

Post by foxcole »

Arlender wrote:Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? MS Vesta Home Basic
What is your question or comment? I have sent an OO attachment from writer and one from calc to some friends and they could not open the attachments. I they have MS Word and MS Excel how can I save/send these type of attachments so the recepients can open them?
Welcome to the forum, Arlender.

You might want to have a look at the Getting Started Guide, which you can find in the link to PDF manuals in my signature below.

OpenOffice natively saves files in .odt (for text) or .ods (spreadsheet) format. You have to tell it to save the files as .doc (Word) or .xls (Excel). You can find these options in File> Save As, in the drop-down menu labeled "Save as type:". Choose Word (or Excel) 97/2000/XP. It's the most widely readable format in MS Office (its various versions are not very well cross-compatible with other versions of itself; 97/2000/XP is the closest it comes to full compatibility).
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Arlender

Post by Arlender »

Thank You Fox!
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Arlender wrote:Thank You Fox!
My greatest pleasure is being able to help. :)

Please edit your first post and add [Solved] to the subject line.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit