[Solved] Move Toolbar between applications

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
liquidcool123

[Solved] Move Toolbar between applications

Post by liquidcool123 »

I created a custom toolbar in Writer. I would like to have my toolbar available in other applications like Calc or Impress too. Is there an easy way to transfer it between applications? So far, I have been re-creating it in each application but this is rather tedious. Thanks!
Last edited by liquidcool123 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using 3.2 on OSX 10.5 and 3.3 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Move Toolbar between applications

Post by Hagar Delest »

Maybe you can tweak the configuration files of each application and to paste the new code linked to the custom toolbar in the other files (see [Tutorial] The OOo user profile).

Change a toolbar, close OOo and the quikstarter and with your file browser, search the last modified files, then see a similar configuration file for the other applications. They are usually XML files so you can easily edit them. You've to spot what has been added when creating a new toolbar.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
liquidcool123

Re: Move Toolbar between applications

Post by liquidcool123 »

That worked amazingly well. Thank you. The toolbar file was buried - on my mac: user/config/soffice.cfg/modules... then I selected writer and the toolbar folder. The file was actually called something like "custom toolbar." Moving that file to impress transfered my entire toolbar. Thank you!

In addition, reading your tutorial helped me understand how to transfer my profile & settings. I hate having to re-config each instance of OOo that I use; now I won't have to. Thanks again!
Using 3.2 on OSX 10.5 and 3.3 on Windows 7