Customize Keyboard Shortcuts Help

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
vascanj

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts Help

Post by vascanj »

Hi, I'm a new Open Office user. I use Open Office V. 3.1 or 3.2, on Mac OSx. I've been trying to customize my keyboard shortcuts in Open office lately, because I am irked that it doesn't have a keyboard shortcut for Zooming, Zooming in and out, ect. I don't like the fact that I have to adjust the zoom by actually going and tying in the percent of zoom. I just want to press command + and command - and have it zoom out for me like that, kinda like how you zoom in on webpages in Firefox. So, I changed the keyboard shortcuts for Zoom, zoom in, and zoom out useing the 'customize' option in the tools menu. But when i clicked okay, and I used those shortcuts (the ones I put for zooming), they didn't work! I used 'command -' for example and it still just gave me a hyphen. Could someone help me so I could make the shortcuts for zoom? Thanks.
Open Office 3.1 And Neo Office (for the time being) on Mac OSx
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts Help

Post by Robert Tucker »

Confirm on Linux Fedora 13 – cannot assign a shortcut (that works) to zoom in or out.

You can of course hold Ctrl and scroll with mouse or use the slider at the bottom right of the OpenOffice GUI.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

You can of course hold Ctrl and scroll with mouse
On a Mac that would be: Hold Command and scroll with mouse (or, in my case, trackpad).
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
vascanj

Post by vascanj »

But what if the keyboard shortcut you put that goes to the zoom menu doesn't go away? I put the keyboard shortcuts for zoom. One for zoom in, one for zoom out, and one to get to the zoom menu. Only one of them worked. #3. Now it doesn't want to go away. Should I just click on reset? Please help. Thanks.
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

Tools>Customize...>Keyboard, select the "Shortcut keys" and then click "Delete".
vascanj

Post by vascanj »

No IDID THAT. I did that then changed it back to what it was in teh beginning. But it still does the same zoom thingy. Should i reset then?
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

I don't seem to have that problem. Clicking "Delete" for a shortcut I have created and no longer want clears it.
matthewlmcclure

Post by matthewlmcclure »

lgusaas wrote:On a Mac that would be: Hold Command and scroll with mouse (or, in my case, trackpad).
How can I disable Command-Scroll zooming? I routinely do it unintentionally because of the scoll inertia.
OpenOffice 3.3.0on MacOS 10.6
qaz1qaz1qa

Post by qaz1qaz1qa »

As this thread is now getting attention from a similar thread I will post a responce to the above question
matthewlmcclure wrote: How can I disable Command-Scroll zooming? I routinely do it unintentionally because of the scoll inertia.
Tools > Preferences >
+OpenOffice.Org + View "Middle Mouse Button"

This disables the click of the middle mouse creating the navigation arrow.
OpenOffice 3.3 XP If I am never wrong then I know everything and cannot improve. From the looks of things I have a lots to do.