Open Office Menu Bar

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
gatomas

Open Office Menu Bar

Post by gatomas »

I am trying to configure the Open Office Menu Bar. How would I do this programmatically? I am running ooffice on the command line of my linux box. For example: %> ooffice & and the "main" Open Office dialog displays. If it can be done programmatically, where the config/xml file located?

I appreciate the help.
OOo 2.3.X on Linux-Other
gatomas

Re: Open Office Menu Bar

Post by gatomas »

Ok, let me rephrase my question, would anyone know how to remove a menu item from the "Application Window"'s menu bar? Not the one for Writer, Impress, or Calc, rather the one when you close (not exit) the document (i.e. Writer). The main Open Office Dialog (Application Window) remains displayed. I am trying to remove the Macro option (Tools->Macros) from the menu bar. How would do it programmactically?

I am on Redhat Linux machine with Open Office Version 1.1.5.

Thanks so much and Regards.
OOo 2.3.X on Linux-Other
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Does it help: [Solved] (sort of) Writer - Customizing Toolbar? Note that there are not that many users for 1.1.x version here.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
gatomas

Post by gatomas »

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Would there be any way of launching the Writer as a standalone application? Meaning that whenever I launch Writer and then close the Writer application only, an Open Office dialog, what people on internet calls "Application Window", is still displayed.

Thanks again!
OOo 2.3.X on Linux-Other
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you mean the "Start center" like with OOo 3.x? With 2.x, if you close all the active documents, there is still the general OOo window. In 3.x, there is a Start center with buttons to open main modules.
gatomas

Post by gatomas »

"Do you mean the "Start center" like with OOo 3.x? "

Yes! :D. Once I close out the writer, I don't want the users to be able to access the menu bar from that Start Center. I have a requirement to not have the user access any macros. I know how to delete macro option in the writer but not the "Start Center" so if I can find out this solution, it would be a nice work-around. :o
OOo 2.3.X on Linux-Other
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

No direct answer for that but you should have a look here: Customizing the User Interface.

Good luck.