[Issue] Default on Paste icon

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
waxman

[Issue] Default on Paste icon

Post by waxman »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.

Can I change the default on the paste icon to Unformatted Text?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged thread as Issue (link to a bug report).
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
RGB

Re: Default on Paste icon

Post by RGB »

You can add a paste special button. On the right side of the tool-bar, there is a drop-down menu: open it and select "configure toolbar". Click on "Add" and select "paste special" from the "Edit" category, and then click on "Add". The new button will be only text, but you can change this clicking on "Modify" and selecting "Change icon". Now, you can move the button position on the tool-bar with the arrows.
But it is easier to use Ctrl+Shift+V... ;)
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
acknak

Re: Default on Paste icon

Post by acknak »

There is a plan in the works for making Ctrl+Shift+V the shortcut for Edit > Paste Special > As unformatted text: Issue 17563: shortcut for "Edit" - "Paste special" - "Unformatted text"
You can register there and add your vote (up to two) or comment, although it's already targeted for OOo 3.1 (Mar '09), so I'm not sure there's a lot of point in adding further votes.

Note that several other issues asking for a change in the default paste action, or an option to change the default, were eventually folded into issue 17563, so I think that's the best we'll get.

I find that I almost never use anything but "paste as unformatted", so I'd support making it the default, but having a direct shortcut is still an improvement.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23