Page Titles Could be More Useful

Let us know how we are doing -
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Page Titles Could be More Useful

Post by kingfisher »

That's a pleasant change for an OO support facility. Let's hope it stays that way. It is appreciated.
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

kingfisher wrote:For example, one tab now reveals that the page is
OpenOffice.org Community Forum · View Forum - Site Feedback
It would suffice to see "Site Feedback - oocf".
It would suffice for you, but I often use that "breadcrumb" information to tell me where in the site the "Site Feedback" resides. I like the idea of moving the page-specific information to the front so it's the first to show on the tab. How about just reversing the order of the trail? "Site feedback - View Forum - OOCF"?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

What happened? Did it turn out to be too difficult to fix?
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Not at all - there has been no change to the official sites software at this point.

Primary reason - as you recall we installed 3.0 RC 5, then did the upgrade patch to RC6, then RC8 and finally 3.0.0 stable. Well as it turns out if you run a diff against a 3.0.0 and our site you do not get the same packages on both sides of that. ( not with standing the changes to the header and footer templates for our site )

Terry and I have been pondering this for moving forward with the changes and for building a simple roll out mechanism for additional forum installations ( e.g. Hungarian, Spanish, ???? ). As part of that I have set up a pure 3.0.0 site ( no upgrades, built from the final release package ) and moved a full copy of our database to it. No problems. The test forum on the server was really hacked by me, but again it started as that odd 'not quite out of the box' 3.0.0 set of files.

Anywhow - yesterday Terry and I went over all this again on the phone and at his point the idea is to just jettison the test forum setup. Put a pure 3.0.0 install on the server and then run a pearl script Terry has produced that should produce a change delta and a script to automatically bring the live site right up to the out of the box 3.0.0 file set.

The script is then the basis for the deployment program.

Then I, he and who ever...*smile*. can merrily start hacking at the new_test forum with the change list we have compiled. When it is good ( or more likely incrementally ) well run the pearl script and move the mods to the live installation.

So - be patient, it hasn't been forgotten or lost - it isn't full time work for any of us, but we are trying to do it in the most professional way we can..and yet still have some fun at it.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Looking better now. Site Feedback forum is still showing "View Forum" as the title, but other pages are good.
Idiot Compassion
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Done — now shows as Site Feedback (View forum) • OpenOffice.org Community Forum
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

PageTitles.png
That's fine now. Much easier to use for those who like to multitask.
Idiot Compassion